Tuesday, February 19, 2019

FOX 2 DETROIT



Susan's Special Needs for women with hair loss, closes after 20 years


 - A specialty retailer in pleasant ridge is closing its doors after 20 years in business.
"Susan's Special Needs" has served women undergoing chemotherapy, radiation and hair loss - and much more.
Susan Thomas is the founder and president of the business.

"I'm so grateful. I've had a very unique opportunity that most people don't even have," she said. "We have made life-long friends with families and lifelong friends with women who e-mail me, who are happy for me and sad for me at the same time. 
Susan is retiring but before she closes up shop, she is having a retirement sale offering 50 percent to 80 percent off of all merchandise. 
She decided to use her energy to help others.
"Being a parent who lost a child suddenly, our whole world collapsed. It was my choice to work and to put my focus on someone else's needs other than my own. So from that perspective, I have to say that even though I may have touched the lives of many women and helped them, it was really they who helped me."
The store's final day is in late February. While the brick and mortar store location will be closed, Susan will continue to offer service's a private consultation basis in various locations in Michigan on an appointment only basis.

CLICK ON LINK TO VIEW VIDEO

No comments:

Post a Comment