Monday, December 6, 2010

Discover Your Pain Personality

What is your pain personality?

As I am recovering from surgery this week, I was interested to be emailed this quiz on pain personality. It probes our attitude to pain and I was surprised to see my results were as good as they are, considering I am not particularly handling the pain I am in this week very well at all:
You have a healthy attitude towards pain, and your body thanks you for it! While you aren’t overly dependent on pain relievers, you aren’t a martyr either. Keep listening to your body – when you feel pain, it is generally a sign your body is trying to tell you something.
I guess as cancer survivors we are probably more than usually tuned into what the aches and pains in our body might be telling us. “Pain is more than a physical consequence of an accident or disease. It’s also a guide to your body and ways it might be in trouble. How you manage and cope with pain can also reflect your emotional state, personal habits, and even your outlook on life ” writes Padmini Mangunta in the introduction to this quiz.
So what is your pain personality? You can take the quiz here to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment