Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Living Beyond Breast Cancer (lbbc.org)


From Pen to Paper

By livingbeyondbc
Join Anita for LBBC's first Writing Series!
Anita Peterkin, who signed up for LBBC’s Fall Writing Series: Writing the Journey, shares a poem that highlights why she decided to participate in the 6-week program that will be facilitated by Alysa Cummings, breast cancer suvivor and Certified Poetry Therapist.
From pen to paper
Transferring my thoughts

Of emotions and feelings    
Which were captured and caught

Adjectives, phrases, verbs and nouns
Between pen and paper is where it was found

My life, my journey of the ultimate change
Complicated days and nights all so strange

From diagnosis to treatment of such a disease
The power of writing has kept my mind at ease

Allowing disposal of what was held so deeply within
Releasing powerful energy to let a healing begin

When feeling that no one else could possibly understand
I turned to my pen and paper at hand

When denial and uncertainty became uncommonly clear
Journaling my thoughts helped to conquer most fears

As therapeutic and engaging that my writing has been
It has allowed me to observe this journey as the beginning, not an end

Most has been written for me and only by me to be read
But if other eyes shall see, they’ll read what was said

From pen to paper 
I have transferred my thoughts

Each day awaits the emotions and feelings
That will be profound and beautifully caught
Sign up for Writing the Journey, a writing series for women affected by breast cancer at all stages of diagnosis and recovery, today! A one-time fee of $25 will be accessed to your credit card. The first session starts on September 22nd at the Cherry Hill Library in Cherry Hill, NJ. The last day to register in September 10th.

No comments:

Post a Comment