Thursday, June 5, 2014

SIGN UP FOR THIS UNIQUE ONLINE EVENT FOR BREAST CANCER SURVIVORS

Gai Comans
Gai Comans
A few days ago I posted information about an upcoming online event for breast cancer survivors. Today I want to provide you with some more information courtesy of Gai Comans, the fabulous organizer of this unique event.  So in her own words, here is why she set up this event and what she hopes you can get from it. 
Everyday, I get emails and messages from women asking me how to “get comfortable with this new kind of normal”. I know that not everyone likes that phrase, but we understand it, as it’s about the change that comes with a cancer diagnosis.   It prompted me to want to understand more about how I can help you, so thank you so much for taking the time to send me your thoughts and what you needed help with.
As I said it isn’t always obvious and sounds something like this…
“I’m just trying to figure out where I belong. I feel like I am in the middle of nothing. I am not what I      was before and I don’t know who I am now”.
“I’m not sure what I should be eating and not eating, there is so much conflicting information and everything seems to cause cancer these days. Where do I start?”
“Living with the fear daily, even though it might not be in the forefront of my mind, but it’s always there…”
“Not thinking about it too much or completely over-thinking it and getting myself all stressed out about the treatment failing”.
 I have just lost my self confidence!
“I hear so much about meditation, but I just don’t know where to start”.
“My friends and family seem to think I’ve won the war, but I’m afraid that I’ve just won one battle with more to come”.
“How do you stay upbeat? I am taking one day at a time, but some days I just want to curl into a ball and cry”.
“Going from a two-income household to one has been incredibly difficult”.
No matter what you call it, it’s real and can be challenging, and it touches all areas of our life:
  • Our connection to ourselves – through well-being, anxiety levels, sense of confidence.
  • Our connection to others – relationships, resilience.
  • Our connection to the rest of our life – career, sense of adventure, financial enjoyment.
In order to answer your questions, I have gathered a posse of 15 experts to help you.   Over eight days, these experts will guide you through how to live from a place of empowerment, rather than fear.  How to get more energy for the things you love, how to sleep better, improve your resilience and relationships.  They come together to guide you with the simple and easy “how to’s” .
This event is starting on June 7th and will require you to opt-in, so that I can send you all the information about the event. And it is shaping up to be an amazing event and will answer the questions that you are asking and want help with!
Gai

No comments:

Post a Comment