Tuesday, May 14, 2013

CancerConnect.com


Daily digest for May 14th, 2013 [CancerConnect]
Inbox
x

CancerConnect <noreply@email.cancerconnect.com>
3:27 AM (12 hours ago)
to me
Images are not displayed.Display images below - Always display images from noreply@email.cancerconnect.com
Here's your daily digest, SusansSpecial
Have something to say? Click here to post.
Items you may find interesting
mgs replied to discussion "Stage IV Uterine Cancer Experience" in group Uterine Cancer  at 1:04 am, May 14th, 2013
Hi Shyann, I'm sorry you're facing such a tough decision. It's frustrating that the oncologists have such differing opinions. Maybe you could get a 3rd opinion. Is this something you could discuss with your primary care physician? I think I read that same 2011 article about follow-up protocols. It did say that in cases of suspected recurrence, a CT or PET would be useful in confirming the recurrence. It also said that the CA125 can be useful in monitoring for recurrence IF you had an elevated CA125 before treatment. I'm attaching the article so you can see if it's the same as what you read...and for others who may not have seen it. I'll be praying for you. Please let us know what you find [...] - Reply to this post - View
myrna replied to discussion "Experience with Alimta" in group Lung Cancer  at 8:42 pm, May 13th, 2013
I am also diagnosed of same and Im on iressa for almost ten months. In God's garce i am also back to work after two months of medication. Just we need to stay positive and and be prayerful in everyday of our lives. God is faithful and will never leave us in this battle. God bless us all! - Reply to this post - View
Marion A. replied to discussion "Stage IV Uterine Cancer Experience" in group Uterine Cancer  at 8:27 pm, May 13th, 2013
Hi Shyann, Wow, 5 kids. That is admirable in itself. I have 2 and they are grown also. My daughter,38, has a daughter and a husband. She also has2 stepchildren. My son is 33 and is married, no kids. I'll be 66 in June. Yes, I had an extended visit mothers day, but sadly my son is sick and lives 4 hours away, so didn't see him. To answer your question, she lived for 14 years past the discovery of 4 metastases in her lung. She had all visible ones surgically excised, no chemo in 1998. She was rediagnosed in 2006 with numerous spots and died at 83 , in oct. 2011 with seizures and shutdown of swallowing issues from Alzheimer's. It was amazing that [...] - Reply to this post - < a href='http://cancerconnect.com/reply/reply-f0805a94325a955' title='View Thread / Permalink'>View
Jeff Clark replied to update "Hello everyone."   at 4:17 pm, May 13th, 2013
I have severe deep bone pain. It began a few years ago. Mainly my pelvic area, now it is in all the big bones. Mostly when the weather changes. But the pelvic and hips stay with pain. I have MDS - U w/o anemia INT 2. I do get anemia when I have episodes. I have been INT 2 since 2007. And chose supportive care only. - Reply to this post - View
pamroehr replied to discussion "1st stage breast cancer with no node involvement" in group Breast Cancer  at 3:24 pm, May 13th, 2013
I agree with Glenda ! - Reply to this post - View
Linda replied to discussion "Realistic remission?" in group Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma  at 3:06 pm, May 13th, 2013
My husband was diagnosed with NHL in is brain two and a half years ago. He was in remission for 14 months after chemo and then the cancer came back. He is 71 years old so they said more chemo was out of the question and radiation was the only option and that it would not be a cure. He's been in remission for 6 months again now but I know the cancer will come back at some point and there will be nothing more that they can do. It's in the back of my mind all the time but I try not to dwell on it and we just take one day at a time, greatful for each day. - Reply to this post - Vi ew
Joanne Caruso Patterson started discussion "My husband was just diagnosed with Stage III pancreatic cancer. He is [...]" in group Pancreatic Cancer   at 2:18 pm, May 13th, 2013
My husband was just diagnosed with Stage III pancreatic cancer. He is a very heavy smoker, which the doctors said was the No. 1 contributor to his getting this disease. He had a endoscopic ultrasound last week. Once the procedure was done, the doctor came out and gave me terrible news--that he had about a year to live. However, he did not tell my husband this prognosis. I had been crying in the waiting room waiting for him to wake up and he asked me why I was crying. Can anyone venture a guess as to why I was told such a grim prognosis, but my husband was not? We see the surgeon in a couple of days and should have all of the pathology [...] - Reply to this post - View
juliroos started discussion "There are many wonderful articles about hair loss in Women magazine, written [...]" in group Breast Cancer   at 9:03 am, May 13th, 2013
There are many wonderful articles about hair loss in Women magazine, written by Look Good, Feel Better. They may have some helpful info for you: http://awomanshealth.com/look-good-feel-better/ - Reply to this post - View
Faith replied to discussion "Welcome all new members!" in group Roswell Park  at 8:34 am, May 13th, 2013
@dawnb Welcome, we are so glad you have joined us! Perhaps you are wondering who “us” is? The best way to answer that question is to share our stories, get to know each other, and begin to make new friends! . I'm the moderator for this group, and if I can be of any assistance in helping you find info, support, or resources either online or here at Roswell Park, please let me know. The Roswell Park community is is private, and only members can see the posts. The specific cancer types and support communities (the pictures on the right side of the page) will bring you to CancerConnect national groups. You can also send a private message to anyone by clicking on their picture [...] - R eply to this post - View
Faith replied to discussion "Welcome all new members!" in group Roswell Park  at 6:21 am, May 13th, 2013
@patriciaostroski Hi Patti, Welcome to the Roswell Park online community. You can find information, support, and resources about Roswell Park and local events on our page. If you need any assistance, please let me know - I am the moderator of the community. The specific cancer types and support communities (the pictures on the right side of the page) will bring you to CancerConnect national groups, where you can reach a larger group if your question/comment is not specific to Roswell Park. You can also send a private message to anyone by clicking on their picture and then clicking on the "Message" button in the center/top of that page. Welcome. - Reply to this post - View
Joan B replied to discussion "Seems like we all mention the anxiety dealing with this disease. My [...]" in group Melanoma  at 6:17 am, May 13th, 2013
We agree trying to focus on the day to day stuff helps get one through the pre test stress. It can be rough! Best wishes to you for this week. My husband is doing radiation treatments now, 7 down, 28 to go. He recovered well from his surgery at B&W. Hugs to you - Reply to this post - View
rhfiske replied to discussion "Hi--Anyone on a PD-1 clinical trial (for melanoma)? Are you experiencing any [...]" in group Melanoma  at 5:21 am, May 13th, 2013
No, I don't have the BRAF mutation. If Yervoy does not work, I may be eligible for a PD-1 trial or "Cancer Fighting Factory" (GMC-SF). This (see attachment) I discovered only a week or two ago. A trial is beginning at DF very soon. - Reply to this post - View
jeanie456 replied to discussion "First chemo on 4/23/13, scalp hurts and hairs are falling out. Dr [...]" in group Breast Cancer  at 5:06 am, May 13th, 2013
Happy Every Day, too, survivors! - Reply to this post - View
rmirabile replied to discussion "Hi--Anyone on a PD-1 clinical trial (for melanoma)? Are you experiencing any [...]" in group Melanoma  at 5:00 am, May 13th, 2013
Are you a candidate for vemurafenib? If not what options are they talking about. Rick - Reply to this post - View
helen replied to discussion "1st stage breast cancer with no node involvement" in group Breast Cancer  at 2:05 am, May 13th, 2013
Hi Glenda I thought Tamoxiefin was being used now for premenopausal , such others such as Arimedex was for women past their menopause, I am 67, your decision I can understand, these meds have such unpleasant side affects, I believe we are in Gods hands and whatever we do will be our destiny. Best wishes God bless Helen - Reply to this post - View

No comments:

Post a Comment