Tuesday, February 26, 2013

CANCER CONNECT RESOURCE


Here's your daily digest, SusansSpecial
Have something to say? Click here to post.
Items you may find interesting
Patricia Ercolano replied to discussion "I had a full thyroidectomy in 2006 due to an aggressive cancer. [...]" in group Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma  at 11:32 pm, February 25th, 2013
Yes he will but I also believe that God didn't make mistakes.we are intelligent species and when our body is giving us an inflammatory response then we need to look at the signals he is sending. - Reply to this post - View
Debra H replied to update "Just joined this website. Was diagnosed with follicular [...]"   at 11:29 pm, February 25th, 2013
Currently, I am doing nothing. I see my doc pretty regularly. I opted not to do radiation to my neck. Until the nodes cause major symptoms, I'm not going to do anything. - Reply to this post - View
judyjdm replied to update "It's been 3years since I was diagnosed with [...]"   at 9:57 pm, February 25th, 2013
Another thought - have you tried massage therapy by a certified therapist? If you're near a large city,groupon.com often offers specials. - Reply to this post - View
Kelly Bardis replied to discussion "Stage IV with Bone Mets" in group Breast Cancer  at 8:13 pm, February 25th, 2013
Hello. I was just diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer. It has metastasized to my right lung, and more recently to the "L4" in my lower spine. I had one round of radiation which took away the pain but 3 months later it is slowly hurting again. I'm on Aromasin. I first was diagnosed in 2003 where I did chemo and radiation, the works. Then in 2008 was when it went to my lung. Had surgery, removed a wedge of it but there's a couple small nodes left in there. In 2009 I had colon surgery because I had a primary colon cancer. Does anyone know of any other methods other than chemo n radiation to go through? - Reply to this post - View
Jody replied to discussion "Stage IV with Bone Mets" in group Breast Cancer  at 7:28 pm, February 25th, 2013
Hi I am 61 years old and was diagnosed with breast cancer last November. I had a mastectomy with node involvement! The cancer has spread to my bones. I am now on Anastrozole with monthly IV's of Zometa. I go in April to see if its working. So far so good on the medicine but am nervous now that I see some of you have not had luck with these medicines. My thoughts and prayers go out to you all! It's so nice to have a group like this to talk to and vent. Thanks for listening. - Reply to this post - View
Gene replied to discussion "A big Hello to all my prostate cancer pals out there. My [...]" in group Prostate Cancer  at 5:43 pm, February 25th, 2013
As of today my psa has gone from 1.44 to. 77 since I've been using Zytiga. Hopefully lower next month! - Reply to this post - View
shirley replied to update "It's been 3years since I was diagnosed with [...]"   at 5:10 pm, February 25th, 2013
Try neurotin... - Reply to this post - View
Jane Shartenberg posted:  at 4:52 pm, February 25th, 2013
Support and Ideas Hi Everyone! Just need some support and advice. I have stage 3 breast cancer and am being treated w/chemo. Still have a way to go. Don't want to give in to the side effects and have people think that I am weak. Especially work. Any suggestions? My Doctor wants me to cut back. Thank you. - Reply to this post - View
jeanie456 replied to discussion "Gabepentin experiences?" in group Breast Cancer  at 4:48 pm, February 25th, 2013
Wow, I'm surprised that your oncologist didn't prescribe anything. My flashes are so bad at night that I can't get a good night's sleep and the vicious cycle of getting tired dan run down begins. I'm glad to hear that the flashes subside, but i've only been on it since December. I think the fact that I'm still having herceptin infusions probably makes them even more pronounced. Best of luck to you. Yes, we are truly lucky! - Reply to this post - View
jeanie456 replied to discussion "Gabepentin experiences?" in group Breast Cancer  at 4:46 pm, February 25th, 2013
Thanks! That's great to hear. When I read the possible side effects (depression, blood clots, dizziness, weight gain!!), I don't dare try it even at the prescribed 300 mg. Now, I can weigh the pluses and minuses. Thanks again! - Reply to this post - View
myb1 replied to discussion "Stage 3 Colon Cancer-New Diagnosis" in group Colon Cancer  at 3:35 pm, February 25th, 2013
Almost everyone I know who had a port, was able to get it out after chemo ended. I accepted the time as figured the 6 months would zip on by and it did. Like you said, facilitated dye for CT/MRI scans and bloodwork. But I won't deny that it effected my sleep on some evenings. - Reply to this post - View
tgreenwood replied to discussion "Stage 3 Colon Cancer-New Diagnosis" in group Colon Cancer  at 2:46 pm, February 25th, 2013
@myb1 - I was diagnosed in 3/2011, chemo ended in 10/2011, port came out 12/2011 which was before my follow-up Scope, but after an "all clear" scan. As of today, I am NED, Prais God. My opinion is they are being quite conservative with keeping your port. (Altohugh is it handy for inserting dye with CT scans) I am left handed, but my surgeon placed the port on left side, in upper chest area, explaining that he liked the left side for the physiological angle to enter the subclavian vein. Pure anatomy to him. Not sure if this holds water or not? - Reply to this post - View
julie m replied to discussion "Gabepentin experiences?" in group Breast Cancer  at 1:51 pm, February 25th, 2013
Interesting! I had terrible hot flashes when I was takIng tamOxifen and was never offered a drug to help,. They did eventually get a lot better over the course of five years. Now taking exemestame- femara caused me a lot of joint pain so I switched. Good luck to all with your treatments. We're lucky to be here! - Reply to this post - View
jaimebrie replied to update "It's been 3years since I was diagnosed with [...]"   at 12:58 pm, February 25th, 2013
Hi Sonja, I started with Vitamin B complex but that did not help me. Then I tried Gabapentin which worked for awhile but then stopped working. I am currently taking a low dose of Amitriptyline which worked in the beginning but is not working now. I have heard that MetaNX, which is for diabetic neuropathy may help. I am searching for something that works too. Also, I was told acupuncture helps, but you have to go for at least 10-12 sessions. Best always and I hope this helps you. Stay strong! Jaimebrie - Reply to this post - View
Patricia Ercolano replied to discussion "What is Intravesicular Therapy Like?" in group Bladder Cancer at 12:29 pm, February 25th, 2013
Its the only therapy for non invasive and I am doing it and its not terrible.u pee to make sure no infection they Cath u and give u about 30 to 60 ml of bcg u go home after 2 hours u urinate.it can get on your nerves peeing all the time. Otherwise tolerable - Reply to this post - View
carol replied to discussion "Secondary cancers associated with WM" in group Waldenström's Macroglobulinemia  at 12:22 pm, February 25th, 2013
hi mark, what is RCVP? i also am very allergic to rituxan. ofatumamab is a fully humanized monoclonal antibody that can be used in the same way that rituxan is used as maintenance therapy or in combination with a chemo drug. when was your mom diagnosed? have you read Dr. Treon's article called, " How I Treat Waldenstrom's"? Carol - Reply to this post - View

No comments:

Post a Comment