Friday, February 22, 2013

CANCERCONNECT.COM ... GREAT RESOURCE


Dealing with temporary or permanent infertility due to BC treatments….how do you cope?
I'm 6 months out from finishing my chemo/surgery/radiation route with BC and am on Tamoxifen for the next 5 years. Our daughter was 4 months old when I was diagnosed and we were planning on more children. Because I needed to start chemo right away (my tumor was initially inoperable) we didn't have the option of freezing eggs.
It's unclear if I will be able to have more children. If I do the 5 years of Tamoxifen, I will be 40 before we can begin that process. It's a tough time of life with a lot of our close friends and family having children. I'm just wondering how others are coping with this.
There are so many decisions waiting out there.... do I stop Tamoxifen early to try and have another baby (at 3 yrs then go back on it)? Do I wait the full 5 years? Do we stop with one child (she is pretty amazing!)?
Thank you so much for listening. And if anyone else is going through this feel free to let me know how you are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment