Thursday, March 14, 2013

CancerConnect Dialogue


Daily digest for March 13th, 2013 [CancerConnect]
Inbox
x

CancerConnect <noreply@email.cancerconnect.com>
3:24 am (1 day ago)
to me
Images are not displayed.Display images below - Always display images from noreply@email.cancerconnect.com
Here's your daily digest, SusansSpecial
Have something to say? Click here to post.
Items you may find interesting
Gajen singh posted:  at 10:57 pm, March 12th, 2013
today iam at hospital for my frst chemo. im really excite what will happen with me. - Reply to this post - View
suzie started discussion "Finished chemo 12mths ago, had a check up the other day and [...]" in groupHodgkin’s Disease   at 10:30 pm, March 12th, 2013
Finished chemo 12mths ago, had a check up the other day and my spleen is still enlarged. My dr is happy with the rest of the results but is concerned about the spleen. He would like to take it out if my next ct scan in 3mths shows no improvement, any one with any experience like this? Does life change mu'h without a spleen? Thanks suzie - Reply to this post - View
megm replied to update "My sweetheart is dying of prostate cancer. I try everything to get [...]"   at 8:44 pm, March 12th, 2013
Hi @sue, you are in my thoughts and I am sorry that you and your husband are having to go through this. You might want to checkout some of the conversations ongoing in the caregiver group here:http://cancerconnect.com/group/caregiver-2 - Reply to this post - View
cuervo80 replied to discussion "Does any pancreatic cancer survivors watch their ca 19-9 numbers" in group Pancreatic Cancer  at 8:37 pm, March 12th, 2013
i have had the MRI, Nuclear series of three, Pet Scan and nothing has appeared in the Head that remains. I will go for another in 3 months and I will discuss this with my Oncologist. Not taking chemo or radiation at my age. 80. God Bless - Reply to this post - View
megm started discussion "Have a Question about Cervical Cancer Treatment? Ask an Expert!" in groupCervical Cancer   at 8:12 pm, March 12th, 2013
CancerConnect has partnered with Dana-Farber Cancer Institute to provide you with the opportunity to engage with a gynecologic cancers expert, Ursula A. Matulonis, MD, who will answer questions and relay important information about cervical, uterine and ovarian cancer. On April 9-11, 2013, Dr. Matulonis will be a guest moderator here on CancerConnect. You can submit your questions for Dr. Matulonis on cervical, uterine, and ovarian cancer treatment from now until April 1, 2013.* The answers to your pre-submitted questions will be provided by Dr. Matulonis on CancerConnect from April 9-11, 2013. Click the following link to submit a question to Dr. Matulonis: http://cancerconnect.com/dfci-guest-moderator/. Dr. Matulonis is the Medical Director and Program Leader of the Medical Gynecologic Oncology Program at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and the Associate [...] - Reply to this post - View
megm started discussion "Have a Question about Ovarian Cancer Treatment? Ask an Expert!" in groupOvarian Cancer   at 8:11 pm, March 12th, 2013
CancerConnect has partnered with Dana-Farber Cancer Institute to provide you with the opportunity to engage with a gynecologic cancers expert, Ursula A. Matulonis, MD, who will answer questions and relay important information about cervical, uterine and ovarian cancer. On April 9-11, 2013, Dr. Matulonis will be a guest moderator here on CancerConnect. You can submit your questions for Dr. Matulonis on cervical, uterine, and ovarian cancer treatment from now until April 1, 2013.* The answers to your pre-submitted questions will be provided by Dr. Matulonis on CancerConnect from April 9-11, 2013. Click the following link to submit a question to Dr. Matulonis: http://cancerconnect.com/dfci-guest-moderator/. Dr. Matulonis is the Medical Director and Program Leader of the Medical Gynecologic Oncology Program at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and the Associate [...] - Reply to this post - View
megm started discussion "Have a Question about Uterine Cancer Treatment? Ask an Expert!" in groupUterine Cancer   at 8:10 pm, March 12th, 2013
CancerConnect has partnered with Dana-Farber Cancer Institute to provide you with the opportunity to engage with a gynecologic cancers expert, Ursula A. Matulonis, MD, who will answer questions and relay important information about cervical, uterine and ovarian cancer. On April 9-11, 2013, Dr. Matulonis will be a guest moderator here on CancerConnect. You can submit your questions for Dr. Matulonis on cervical, uterine, and ovarian cancer treatment from now until April 1, 2013.* The answers to your pre-submitted questions will be provided by Dr. Matulonis on CancerConnect from April 9-11, 2013. Click the following link to submit a question to Dr. Matulonis: http://cancerconnect.com/dfci-guest-moderator/. Dr. Matulonis is the Medical Director and Program Leader of the Medical Gynecologic Oncology Program at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and the Associate [...] - Reply to this post - View
megm replied to discussion "Hi Everyone. This is my first time reaching out to any community [...]" in group Uterine Cancer  at 8:02 pm, March 12th, 2013
Hi Christine-- I think you are a survivor for sure! Thank you for sharing your story and I appreciate your post! - Reply to this post - View
Angie Serbiak replied to discussion "Hi Everyone. This is my first time reaching out to any community [...]" in group Uterine Cancer  at 7:56 pm, March 12th, 2013
I am sorry to hear you had to go through this. You may not have been told you have cancer but it sounds like the worry is the same. My prayer for you is that you never have a doctor say to you that you have cancer. Just make sure you take care of yourself. Let yourself go through the emotionl roller coaster and just remember you did this so you do not ever go through a cancer dx. Blessings to you for continued good health. - Reply to this post - View
sue posted:  at 7:54 pm, March 12th, 2013
My sweetheart is dying of prostate cancer. I try everything to get him to eat. The chemo burned his throat and tongue so bad. He decided no more chemo after one treatment. The dr. Said he's in stage 4. The hospice nurse told me today that he probably has only a couple of months left. Wheres the golden years. Hes 77 yrs.old - Reply to this post - View
Christine Martino-Fleming started discussion "Hi Everyone. This is my first time reaching out to any community [...]" in group Uterine Cancer   at 7:13 pm, March 12th, 2013
Hi Everyone. This is my first time reaching out to any community that has been affected by cancer. I am 37 and last year I was diagnosed with Endometrial Intraepithelial Neoplasia (EIN). It is a precancerous condition that has an extremely high likelihood of progression to cancer and about 30-40% chance of concurrent cancer. It is fairly uncommon to have pre-menopause. Anyway - I had a gyn oncologist at Dana Farber and he performed a total hysterectomy with BSO (both ovaries gone). The surgery is considered curative. I didn't have cancer, but I am struggling with so many of the same concerns and problems adjusting to my life post-surgery. When I tell people that I had a precancerous condition, I am met with very dismissive [...] - Reply to this post - View
megm replied to update "Hello everyone I have been on tamoxifen for almost 3 weeks and [...]"   at 5:34 pm, March 12th, 2013
Hi @Obxcrz, thanks for your post. You might want to post your question in the breast cancer group here: http://cancerconnect.com/group/breast-cancer Also there are some ongoing discussions that might be helpful: http://cancerconnect.com/discussion/have-you-taken-tamoxifan - Reply to this post - View
Obxcrz posted:  at 4:43 pm, March 12th, 2013
Hello everyone I have been on tamoxifen for almost 3 weeks and the last few days I have had joint and bone pain. Very bad! I can hardly walk and now it is getting uncomfortable even still. Called Onc today and he put me on Mobic/Meloxicam and told me for 2 weeks take tamoxifen every other night to get me thru this rough spell. Will this go away? Is there anything else I can do? I am in my mid forties and I am having a really hard time getting around for the pain in my ankles and knees. I would like to play with my kids not get them to help me get around...any advice would be greatly appreciated . Also it would help [...] - Reply to this post - View
cindylouburnett replied to update "Does anyone know why my husband (with colon cancer stage 3) needs [...]"   at 4:17 pm, March 12th, 2013
Holly I totally agree with Dave. Yes your blood count has to be up before you can have surgery. Good Luck!!! Hope this helps you out??? Any questions call your doctor??? Best wishes and again good luck. Cindy - Reply to this post - View
jac730 replied to discussion "Does any pancreatic cancer survivors watch their ca 19-9 numbers" in group Pancreatic Cancer  at 3:32 pm, March 12th, 2013
ca19-9 are tumor marker numbers that are used to determine cancer cells in the blood the normal range is 0 to 34 they help the doctors to determine if treatments are working or if there may be reoccurance, like with any blood test there are false positive readings there are other reasons for elevated ca 19-9 such as smoking and pancreatitis, this blood test is not the only factor in determining pancreatic cancer alone, cat or pet scans, MRI and others, this is how I have been told by my doctor but for more precise information google it and talk to your oncologist, I'm not a doctor I hope you get some help with it - Reply to this post - View
brink replied to discussion "Has anyone had any success or know anyone who had success with [...]" in group Breast Cancer  at 3:11 pm, March 12th, 2013
Thanks for the information Bhabina. I know there has to be something out there to help us...I just don't know what it is. And my oncologist did not suggest the tincture of opium. I wonder if he would be willing to prescribe it??? This chemo-induced diarrhea is like no other! I couldn't believe it could be so bad for so long...as long as I was on the chemo and then 2 weeks after. I should start eating coconut and bananas now before starting the chemo on Thursday :) Good luck to you, Renée - Reply to this post - View
cuervo80 replied to discussion "Does any pancreatic cancer survivors watch their ca 19-9 numbers" in group Pancreatic Cancer  at 1:54 pm, March 12th, 2013
I had 3/4 of pancreas removed and spline 6 months and no signs of any growth at this time. The numbers, I am not aware of,what are these numbers and their significances? - Reply to this post - View
Wisdum replied to discussion "Breast Cancer Survivors: Share your story" in group Breast Cancer  at 12:35 pm, March 12th, 2013
I am 12 yers out from Stage 2A, estrogen and progesterine positive. Had BRCA testing done, and do not carry the gene. I had lumpectomy, 1 positive lymph node. four rounds adriamycin, 4 cytoxan and 4 taxol (clinical trial) and 37 rad tx. I have also had trouble with anemia and now low Vitamin D count. Just get one thing regulated, and I get another. But am doing well, otherwise. Seems we never can get away from it totally, but am happy I am still here and enjoying life! - Reply to this post - View
Pam Port replied to discussion "(12/2012)I have a 5mm IPMN at the head of my pancreas and [...]" in group Pancreatic Cancer  at 12:27 pm, March 12th, 2013
hello, how did you find out about it? - Reply to this post - View
Karen in PA replied to discussion "Good afternoon...I just signed up and I am thrilled there is a [...]" in group Waldenström's Macroglobulinemia  at 12:08 pm, March 12th, 2013
I will keep you in my happy thoughts that Ibrutinib becomes available to you soon...either via clinical or FDA "pending approval". Keep the faith! - Reply to this post - View

No comments:

Post a Comment