Tuesday, March 12, 2013

WEBINAR: LIVING BEYOND BREAST CANCER


Webinar on Triple-Negative Breast Cancer 
Register now for our free webinar, Triple-Negative Breast Cancer: Medical Update, on Wednesday, April 17 from noon – 1 p.m. ET. Learn more.
When you learn you have triple-negative breast cancer, you may have questions and concerns that make you feel overwhelmed. Our April webinar will address these issues and give you a medical update on today’s standard of care for breast cancer that tests negative for estrogen, progesterone and HER2 receptors. 
During this webinar, George W. Sledge, MD, will help you:
  • Gain insight on making treatment decisions that are right for you
  • Understand how to access clinical trials
  • Get an insider’s look at the latest research on the horizon
You may also be interested in our Guide to Understanding Triple-Negative Breast Cancer.
Ask the Expert: Diet and Nutrition for Long-Term Survivors
If you have questions about how to incorporate healthful eating and fitness into your daily routine, the role of exercise in reducing risk of recurrence or the use of nutritional strategies to reduce body fat, preserve muscle mass and control weight, ask our expert, Shoshi Barkai, MS, RD, your question.
Aidan's Story: My Mom Had Breast Cancer
Hi, my name is Aidan. I made this video for a school project called ‘Think Care Act’. For this project you choose a problem you care about and do something to help. Originally I wanted to raise money for LBBC, but then I decided to create a pamphlet and video for kids my age who might be scared if their moms have cancer. I wanted to help them know that there are other kids out there and people know how they feel.”
FDA Approves T-DM1 for Treating HER2 Positive Metastatic Breast Cancer
Women with HER2 positive metastatic breast cancer whose cancer grows despite other standard therapies have a new treatment option available next month, now that the Food and Drug Administration approved the EMILIA study’s much-anticipated medicine, ado-trastuzumab emtansine (Kadcyla), previously referred to as T-DM1. 
Learn more about this new treatment option.
Rachel's Story: Finding Happiness and Strength After Her Breakup
“We all have our worst date horror stories and poor timing breakups, but at 24 years old, in the middle of my breast cancer treatment, my ex-boyfriend gave me the opportunity to have a story that will always take the cake.  
It was just a few days before I was to begin my radiation treatment, just a few weeks after I had finished my sixth and final round of chemotherapy, when I received the late night phone call. He explained to me that he didn’t think he could give me what I needed, and that I had been asking for too much from him. I was on the couch wrapped in a blanket, completely bald, with one rock of a breast on my chest, a port sticking out over the other breast, and tears relentlessly running down my face.”  
Programs, Events and Resources
3/13          The Impact of Vitamins and Supplements (West Conshohocken, Pa.)
3/26          Writing the Journey (Cherry Hill, N.J.)
4/17          Triple-Negative Breast Cancer: Medical Update (Webinar)
4/18-7/18   Eating Well After Breast Cancer (Philadelphia, Pa.)
5/19          Yoga on the Steps (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Warmly,
Jean
Jean A. Sachs, MSS, MLSP
LBBC Chief Executive Officer
Toll-free Survivors’ Helpline: (888) 753-LBBC (5222)        
354 West Lancaster Ave, Suite 224
HaverfordPA 19041
(610) 645-4567        

No comments:

Post a Comment