Wednesday, April 3, 2013

CancerConnect.com Dialogue


Here's your daily digest, SusansSpecial
Have something to say? Click here to post.
Items you may find interesting
Gene replied to discussion "A big Hello to all my prostate cancer pals out there. My [...]" in group Prostate Cancer  at 8:00 pm, April 2nd, 2013
Still on zytiga. As of last week my PSA results have gone from .77 to .59. Yeah !, - Reply to this post - View
Annemarie replied to update "Question re post-radiation effects: I had a lumpectomy at 12 0'clock and [...]"   at 7:43 pm, April 2nd, 2013
Thanks for the reply Helen. I, too, get slight stabbing pains but in the armpit and when this was coupled with new breast pain fibrocysts were discovered in the lumpectomy breast. Cutting back on the caffeine helped but the occasional stabbing pains continue. When I reach up high sometimes I get a very sharp pain along the chest wall. My energy level is only about 80% of what it was before all this started. Hope all goes well with you. - Reply to this post - View
jac730 replied to discussion "PTSD after a cancer diagnosis?" in group Survivorship  at 6:12 pm, April 2nd, 2013
I have to do something and I mean soon I'm going to make an appt with my primary who has been following my progress I think I can get to see him faster, also has anyone had problems with pancreatitis after their whipple because my doctor says that can raise my CA 19-9 numbers too - Reply to this post - View
Joyce replied to discussion "New Here" in group Lung Cancer  at 4:58 pm, April 2nd, 2013
colcaitsoph, my husband though not a health nut never smoked ever and has stage 4 nonsmall cell lung cancer with mets to the bone. His dx. came six months after your husband's diagnosis. He will have his 2nd chemo on Thursday. How's he doing now? - Reply to this post - View
Trish V started discussion "Port for chemo/ herceptin - recovery of insertion? exercise restrictions?" in group Breast Cancer   at 4:49 pm, April 2nd, 2013
After 4 chemo treatments, have experienced some issues with IV, so it became apparent a port is necessary (2 treatments to go, then mastectomy, radiation, and Herceptin will continue through January). I am adjusting and trying to understand the immediate after effects/ recovery and limitations (when can I run and swim again? can I travel 2 weeks after insertion?), and also they plan to infuse the same day - did that cause problems for anyone? any complications in general with the port? - Reply to this post - Vie w
jeanie456 replied to discussion "Hey all, I hope everyone is doing as well as can be [...]" in group Breast Cancer  at 2:48 pm, April 2nd, 2013
Hi Roselyn~ We are all blessed! Best of luck with the rest of your treatment! Jeanie - Reply to this post - View
wendelloma replied to discussion "What to expect with post surgery chemo Last year, I turned 50 [...]" in group Colon Cancer  at 11:53 am, April 2nd, 2013
|I too turned 50 and was diagnosed that July 2010,but I had a colonoscopy in January 2009 and it was negative, go figure!! Anyhow pre chemo then permanent colostomy, Then full right side of liver removed.Then the Ct showed mets to lungs so chemo 2011 and a break and chemo 2012 with blood clots showing up on my lungs in November 2012 Only this last chemo has hit me hard. I now have to give myself daily belly shots of blood thinner! There always seems to be something, however I have been on FulFuri for each of my chemos and the tumours always shrink so far. so winter chemo for the rest of my life.Would love a miracle but this new drug sounds scary - Reply to this post - View
Karen Shannon replied to discussion "Regorafenib-- Advanced colorectal cancer" in group Colon Cancer at 11:48 am, April 2nd, 2013
How long were you on the blood thinners with each clot? they are saying 6 months my son will have to be on the blood thinners (2 shots a day in his stomach) and he is out of participating in trails... did you find that to be true? thank you! - Reply to this post - View
wendelloma replied to discussion "Regorafenib-- Advanced colorectal cancer" in group Colon Cancer  at 11:42 am, April 2nd, 2013
I also have Stage iv Colon and yes blood clots appeared last November, I was diagnosed In 2010 and this was my third round of chemo. - Reply to this post - View
wendelloma replied to discussion "Regorafenib-- Advanced colorectal cancer" in group Colon Cancer  at 11:39 am, April 2nd, 2013
Never mind! Internet newbie here - Reply to this post - View
Karen Shannon replied to discussion "Regorafenib-- Advanced colorectal cancer" in group Colon Cancer at 11:38 am, April 2nd, 2013
From the Oncologist and now we just received the "Regorafenib Patient Starter Kit". the most alarming alert is "liver problems that can lead to death", the colon cancer has metastatic to the liver, however, the liver function labs are still normal... One more question, is it true that 90% of all chemo patients have blood clots at some point during their chemo treatments? Thank you! - Reply to this post - View
wendelloma replied to discussion "Regorafenib-- Advanced colorectal cancer" in group Colon Cancer  at 11:27 am, April 2nd, 2013
Do you mind if I ask where you got the side effects listed? - Reply to this post - View
Karen Shannon replied to discussion "Regorafenib-- Advanced colorectal cancer" in group Colon Cancer at 11:20 am, April 2nd, 2013
Thank you! - Reply to this post - View
megm replied to discussion "Regorafenib-- Advanced colorectal cancer" in group Colon Cancer  at 11:02 am, April 2nd, 2013
Hi Karen- I messaged the colon cancer group to see if others can share their experience with you. - Reply to this post - View
Karen Shannon replied to discussion "Regorafenib-- Advanced colorectal cancer" in group Colon Cancer at 10:46 am, April 2nd, 2013
Regorafenib - Stage IV Colon Cancer Chemo Does anyone have any experience or information on the new drug Regorafenib? It was just approved in Nov 2012 and my son will start tomorrow. The info we have been give about the side effects are scary. Has anyone been on this with good results? Thank you All... This journey is getting harder and harder as we look for that miracle! Thank you - Reply to this post - View
kellya replied to update "We search if there are any clinical trial from research Organizations, drug [...]"   at 10:14 am, April 2nd, 2013
Herman, It appears that there may be a handful of clinical trials for your wife's diagnosis that are currently in 'recruiting' status. If you complete a quick search at www.clinicaltrials.gov it displays the list of all the trials available and the status and details for each. You might also search the NCI site (as mentioned above) at http://www.cancer.gov/clinicaltrials/search as it also lets you search by facility. - Reply to this post - View
bjs889 replied to update "I'm wondering if other mastectomy survivors regret not having a double mastectomy [...]"   at 9:31 am, April 2nd, 2013
Jean during my first bout with BC I went through lumpectomy and 37 sessions of radiation. At that time, my surgeon discussed with me my options. When recurrence I thought long and hard about the type of mastectomy to have. I decided to do both because after the lumpectomy my breast were totally different sizes and texture. I was also afraid that the cancer would come back in my non-cancerous breast. I know this doesn't specifically answer your question, but I was afraid I would regret not getting both done during one surgery. I also choose to complete reconstruction - a long but, worthwhile process. My breasts still aren't identical because of the radiation to my right breast, but I am not worrying every day [...] - Reply to this post - View
megm replied to update "Nurse Navagitor"   at 8:57 am, April 2nd, 2013
So glad that helped Karen! - Reply to this post - View
Ashish Satpathy posted:  at 5:58 am, April 2nd, 2013
This is regarding my Father, who is recently diagnosed with Glioblastoma Multiforme (WHO Grade 4). With poor prognosis in these kind of brain tumors, I am posting his case details and synopsis, to seek help and valuable suggestion, which can allow me to put effort in the correct direction and help his concern. Basic Detail (s): Name of the Patient: Bipin Satpathy Date of Birth – 26th May 1952 Age – 61+ Years Gender – Male Weight – 75 KGS Height – 5 Feet 7 Inches Body Structure – Moderately Obese (With a bit of Tummy out) Commonly Prevailing Ailments – Sinusitis, High Blood Pressure, Moderate Gastric Concerns Diagnosis Detail (s) • March 02' 2013 (Sunday) i. Suffered a Facial Paralysis, which hampered his Speech [...] - Reply to this post - View

No comments:

Post a Comment