Monday, April 8, 2013

CancerConnect.com DIALOGUE


Daily digest for April 7th, 2013 [CancerConnect]
Inbox
x

CancerConnect <noreply@email.cancerconnect.com>
Apr 7 (1 day ago)
to me
Images are not displayed.Display images below - Always display images from noreply@email.cancerconnect.com
Here's your daily digest, SusansSpecial
Have something to say? Click here to post.
Items you may find interesting
Christina replied to discussion "Stage 3 Colon Cancer-New Diagnosis" in group Colon Cancer  at 9:30 pm, April 6th, 2013
Congrats on your anniversary. I was wondering how long you have to keep your port in. I was also wondering how I was going to sleep with that since I am a stomach sleeper but over the last month since I had the surgery to remove the cancer, I ve been a back sleeper. - Reply to this post - View
Phyllis Bloom posted:  at 9:21 pm, April 6th, 2013
Can anyone supply some information on the contraindications with CLL and ITP and getting treatments for a broken ankle with the new Class IV High Power Light Laser to help a broken ankle cure better. I have CLL and ITP. Thank you. - Reply to this post - View
Christina replied to discussion "Stage 3 Colon Cancer-New Diagnosis" in group Colon Cancer  at 9:12 pm, April 6th, 2013
Hi- Sounds like your treatment is similar to what I am going to be getting. - Reply to this post - View
Christina started discussion "New to this site. Diagnosed with Stage 3 colorectal cancer. Had laparoscopic [...]" in group Colon Cancer   at 9:11 pm, April 6th, 2013
New to this site. Diagnosed with Stage 3 colorectal cancer. Had laparoscopic anterior resection with sigmoid colectomy March 4, 2013. Getting ready for my port placement to start chemotherapy on 4/15/2013. It is going to be Folfox for 12 weeks. Not sure what to expect and anxious. - Reply to this post - View
Ginny replied to discussion "Managing advanced follicular/indolent NHL" in group Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma  at 8:37 pm, April 6th, 2013
Ellen, Great idea! Like that thinking!Remember, we are all stronger than we think we are -sometimes just need to be reminded.We are in your corner to cheer you on every step of this journey. I'm sending you positive thoughts &energy. I You will get through this!!Please keep us posted. Smiles , Ginny - Reply to this post - View
oroduck replied to discussion "Radioimmunotherapy: Zevalin & Bexxar" in group Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma  at 3:28 pm, April 6th, 2013
Thank you for the kinesiologist, Dr. Weil book and your other suggestions. I have found that light exercise and my spiritual meditation on a regular basis is the most helpful. I am on a high fiber diet. I would say I eat moderately well. Overall, I don't take very good care of myself particularly for a mental health professional. I have tried numerous therapeutic regimens, and quite frankly I feel hopeless frequently. I do appreciate your responding and will incorporate your suggestions ASAP! - Reply to this post - View
ellen schwalb replied to discussion "Managing advanced follicular/indolent NHL" in group Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma  at 2:06 pm, April 6th, 2013
Ginny, Thank you so much for your comment. I do have xanax so he is aware about my pain level. Other doctors under him last time did it , and it killed so, on Monday, I will ask if he perosnally would do it. I guess these bone aspirations go with the territory. Be well, and when I look at that beautiful sky and the flowers blooming, makes me happy. Write when you like, Best regards, Ellen - Reply to this post - View
Ginny replied to discussion "Managing advanced follicular/indolent NHL" in group Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma  at 12:58 pm, April 6th, 2013
Ellen, Pain is real and you are not a wus! Anytime you are facing a painful procedure(or even the fear of a painful procedure), please talk to your oncologist beforehand . There are anti anxiety meds given before bone marrow biopsies for example, to help w/ it all. Maybe that would help? After being an NHL patient for 8 yrs.&counting, I am learning TO SPEAK UP ,take charge and ultimately empower myself. I believe it all helps w/ the healing process and in the fight against our enemy-cancer. Ginny - Reply to this post - View
Gloria Camgros replied to update "(no subject)"   at 11:59 am, April 6th, 2013
Hi Ellen, You're welcome and I see you have already received some feedback so I'm not alone in the knowledge of the bands! I think almost any drug store sells them - some go by the brand of TravelAide. I'm almost positive they will help - but be sure not to take them off for too long - I had several pairs (while hand washing others after wearing them several days) and wore them 24/7 throughout chemo. Looks like you'll be the first in your area to spread the good word! Blessings, Gloria - Reply to this post - View
ann403 replied to update "Question re post-radiation effects: I had a lumpectomy at 12 0'clock and [...]"   at 10:17 am, April 6th, 2013
My scars are similar to yours Annemarie. I had assumed the axillary one was different because I had a large seroma there and had pressure bandages on the area. - Reply to this post - View
MARIA TORRES posted:  at 9:45 am, April 6th, 2013
HI, I'm a cancer survivor. In 2008, I was diagnosed with lymphoma, but with chemotherapy I survived my cancer. After that i began to lose my memory, I get confused and suffer from depression. I have thyroid problems, arthritis, and I have recently been diagnosed as prediabetic. Do you have any suggestions to aid me in my recovery from these problems? - Reply to this post - View
Pam replied to discussion "I tested positive for the BRCA2 gene on 12/31 and had prophylactic [...]" in group Ovarian Cancer  at 9:06 am, April 6th, 2013
Maybe it means that I need more chemo than you do. Hopefully the doctors know what's best for each of us. Good luck. - Reply to this post - View
cancerbegone replied to discussion "Stage IV with Bone Mets" in group Breast Cancer  at 8:05 am, April 6th, 2013
There are clinical trials going on where patients with breast cancer mets to bone are being treated with Alpharadin. It is a short-lived radioactive medication that targets bone mets. Already approved in Europe and now may be FDA approved for use in treating prostate cancer mets soon. I heard that some major medica centers can get the medication for compassionate use now. It is quite effective in relieving pain. Clinical trials can be found on www.clinical trials.gov. Just search under Alpharadin and breast cancer. Another interesting drug being studied is Cometriq or also known as XL 184. It is approved for treating medullary carcinoma of the thyroid already. Studies are now being done for use in treating bone mets from breast carcinoma and prostate carcinoma. [...] - Reply to this post - View
ellen schwalb replied to update "(no subject)"   at 7:31 am, April 6th, 2013
Thank you, i will try walgreens today. - Reply to this post - View
ellen schwalb replied to discussion "Managing advanced follicular/indolent NHL" in group Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma  at 7:25 am, April 6th, 2013
Awesome news, i had 4 treatments of r/chop and did not shrink, so we are on another route which starts 4/15 a clinical trial at sloan in nyc fora cd19 antigen found in rhe bone marrow. i have to have the bone aspiration done and freaks me out with such a low level of pain, have you had this, how can i get through this without screaming/ i must be a wus. did anything help you i?i am hopeful as i do feel good and there are many treatments out there. Hope the weather is good for a nice walk. Keep well, and keep in touch, Warm regards, Ellen - Reply to this post - View
Donna replied to discussion "Radioimmunotherapy: Zevalin & Bexxar" in group Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma  at 6:52 am, April 6th, 2013
I sent my reply before I was done with my post...I started 8 weekly Rituxan treatments on October 20, 2009.  Then I had 12 additional treatments spaced 8 weeks apart.  My final treatment was 2 years after the initial one.  I have been in remission since October 2011.  Rituxan has NO side effects. Unfortunately on December 28, 2012 I was diagnosed with StageIIb pancreatic cancer that has spread to the lymph nodes.  I am getting four Gemzar treatments on a 21 day cycle.  This will be followed by 5-7 weeks fk daily radiation with weekly Gemzar....if a PET scan in May doesn't change.  I was given 20% chance at 5 years plus 60-70% chance of spread to liver or lung within 2 years. Sent from [...] - Reply to this post - View
Donna replied to discussion "Radioimmunotherapy: Zevalin & Bexxar" in group Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma  at 6:40 am, April 6th, 2013
I have stage I follicular NHL in the small bowel that was diagnosed at Mayo Clinic in Rochester MN on September 28, 2009.  I started. Rituxan on October 20th Sent from Samsung RUGBY® Smart. - Reply to this post - View
Donna replied to update "(no subject)"   at 6:37 am, April 6th, 2013
I bought Psi bands at Walgreens. The store had to order them or I could have ordered them on line. I saw these on a show ....Shark Tank.  I think they helped while they were worn but I took them off too soon.  You can google search these for a availability in your area. Sent from Samsung RUGBY® Smart. - Reply to this post - View
randyg replied to discussion "Realistic remission?" in group Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma  at 6:36 am, April 6th, 2013
I have been in remission from ML of stomach lining for 3 years, I guess the anxiety that it will return is always there. - Reply to this post - View
katt posted:  at 6:31 am, April 6th, 2013
I am trying to focus on lung cancer group. Looking for some help to connect to this site specifically. - Reply to this post - View

No comments:

Post a Comment