Monday, April 15, 2013

CancerConnect.com Dialogue


Daily digest for April 15th, 2013 [CancerConnect]
Inbox
x

CancerConnect <noreply@email.cancerconnect.com>
3:23 AM (11 hours ago)
to me
Images are not displayed.Display images below - Always display images from noreply@email.cancerconnect.com
Here's your daily digest, SusansSpecial
Have something to say? Click here to post.
Items you may find interesting
John replied to discussion "Hi Everyone, My 89 year old Dad is currently undergoing radiation treatments [...]" in group Prostate Cancer  at 7:41 pm, April 14th, 2013
Hello truth when I was the same way without eating anything my family and coworkers got me a food supplement called ENSURE truth and helped me a lot, of course you should consult with the attending physician reviewer there, greetings and good luck - Reply to this post - View
John replied to discussion "Hi Everyone, My 89 year old Dad is currently undergoing radiation treatments [...]" in group Prostate Cancer  at 7:40 pm, April 14th, 2013
Hola la verdad cuando yo estuve de igual forma sin comer nada mi familia y compañeros de trabajo me consiguieron un suplemento alimenticio llamado ENSURE y la verdad me ayudo muchisimo, claro está que debe consultar con el medico tratante haber que opina, un saludo y suerte. - Reply to this post - View
haypat27 replied to discussion "hi - i have just been diagnosed with stage 2a esophageal cancer [...]" in group Radiation Therapy  at 6:35 pm, April 14th, 2013
Hi - how is your husbands recovery from surgery going ? I hope he (and you) are doing ok. My chemo and radiation treatment starts on the 19th. - Reply to this post - View
Joan B replied to discussion "Diagnosed with stage four melanoma (negative for cKit or BRAF mutations) on [...]" in group Melanoma  at 6:15 pm, April 14th, 2013
Happy Chick, I am also relatively new to this site and don't know what you mean by "melanoma chats", can you explain? I don't know if I am missing out on chances to get information. Thank you and I wish you the best. - Reply to this post - View
Carolyn replied to discussion "HI folks; it really is spring out there and as melanoma patients [...]" in groupMelanoma  at 3:22 pm, April 14th, 2013
Thanks! I'm looking for a "sunbrella" and can't find them in the stores. .. will check this website. - Reply to this post - View
Phyllis Bloom posted:  at 1:39 pm, April 14th, 2013
Hello, I am new to this group and would like to be find others who have not only CLL but also ITP.. a low platelet blood disorder. How do I connect with others in this category and share information. Thank you, Phyllis - Reply to this post - View
Judi Pulio started discussion "My husband has cancer of the cerebellum and is getting radiation to [...]" in group Brain Cancer   at 11:52 am, April 14th, 2013
My husband has cancer of the cerebellum and is getting radiation to make him comfortable. The say he doesn't have long to live 2 months to a year. Does anyone think we should get a second opinion? - Reply to this post - View
craigandme started discussion "REMEMBER APRIL 14-20 / 2013 IS HEAD AND NECK CANCER AWARENESS WEEK [...]" in group Roswell Park   at 10:28 am, April 14th, 2013
REMEMBER APRIL 14-20 / 2013 IS HEAD AND NECK CANCER AWARENESS WEEK BURGANDY W/ AND IVORY STRIPE ARE OUR COLORS SUPPORT EDUCATION, RESEARCH, AND A CURE HOPEFULLY IN OUR LIFETIME ... BE AN ADVOCATE. +++ GOD BLESS +++ - Reply to this post - View
jackie2011 replied to discussion "I am a mother whose son was diagnosed a year and a [...]" in groupBrain Cancer  at 8:05 am, April 14th, 2013
The American Brain tumor Association FB site: https://www.facebook.com/#!/theABTA?fref=ts - Reply to this post - View
jackie2011 replied to discussion "I am a mother whose son was diagnosed a year and a [...]" in groupBrain Cancer  at 7:56 am, April 14th, 2013
Please check out the National Brain Tumor Society and American Brain Tumor Association. The two have possibly merged and have a Facebook presence.. He can find others with similar diagnosis/treatment. My tumor was considered benign when I underwent a 23-hour craniotomy (with PT, OT, ST) in 1990. Then Gamma-knife 11 years later.- then it was reclassified as Grade II. I've also had undergone suegery, chemo and radiation for breast cancer in 2003 and 2007.. Even GBM (considered Grade 4) can be treated and there are long-time survivors out there. Exercise will increase the release of endorphin and improve mood. It had worked wonders for me (being pushed by my older siblings and my In-laws) and is worth a try. A spiritual/religious guidance also helps. We [...] - Reply to this post - View
rmirabile replied to discussion "Diagnosed with stage four melanoma (negative for cKit or BRAF mutations) on [...]" in group Melanoma  at 6:51 am, April 14th, 2013
I am a 65 year old male, dx with stage 3 in 2009, stage 4 (liver, lungs and bone 11/2012. Started a clinical trial with a PD 1 drug and got half through an had to go off because of a bump in a blood enzyme. Started Ippi a iittle of 3 weeks ago and after one dose developed debilitating proctitis (symptoms like colitis but with more rectal pain). I am now on high dose steroids hoping they will eventually kick in. It has taken me from someone who used to exercise a hour a day to a patients living from bed to bathroom. They tell me it is treatable but can take months, time that many of us don't really have to sit. I [...] - Reply to this post - View
daphne replied to discussion "I have small cell lung cancer extensive I know everything I read [...]" in groupLung Cancer  at 6:11 am, April 14th, 2013
47 years old lung cancer stage 4 diagnosed in November, we are all miracles keep positive , eat the right foods , Listen to your inner self , listen to the silence of your soul. Surround your self with positive people. Immerse your self in positive books that inspire , you will be amazed at how many people have survived when the odds were against us. This disease is not the end of who we are but the beginning of a stronger more intuitive person that we develop through fighting what we need to fight and letting go what we need to let go. Our full time job now is to heal, every thing else is just static. There are a lot of books on [...] - Reply to this post - View
linda A riley posted:  at 5:50 am, April 14th, 2013
Hello all!! Been alittle bit since I've stopped in. Things are well with me. I just finished treament #3...continue to have some problems with my port but doesn't appear it will be removed and replanted??? Nothing unbearable just get tired of the issues with it. Each treatment brings added side effects and mild discomfort for a couple days after but not much that can't be dealt with and relieved with some help. My labs continue to be in check and cancer is contained. One thing I have found out thus far through this journey is that treatment for stge IV colorectal mestatic diagnosis has come a long way and I thank God many times a day for that. God Bless us all who have fought [...] - Reply to this post - View

No comments:

Post a Comment