Saturday, April 6, 2013

CANCERCONNECT.COM DIALOGUE


Daily digest for April 6th, 2013 [CancerConnect]
Inbox
x

CancerConnect <noreply@email.cancerconnect.com>
3:27 AM (8 hours ago)
to me
Images are not displayed.Display images below - Always display images from noreply@email.cancerconnect.com
Here's your daily digest, SusansSpecial
Have something to say? Click here to post.
Items you may find interesting
helen replied to update "Question re post-radiation effects: I had a lumpectomy at 12 0'clock and [...]"   at 1:24 am, April 6th, 2013
Hi Annemarie I was told possible lymphedema, slight lung damage and thickened skin, but was not told it could happen in the future even in years to come, which friends of mine have experience, so when symptoms appear it seems alarming if you are not aware. Keep well Helen - Reply to this post - View
helen replied to update "Question re post-radiation effects: I had a lumpectomy at 12 0'clock and [...]"   at 1:03 am, April 6th, 2013
HI Annemarie I take zinc it is quoted to be good for hair and nails, I researched it and its safe with other meds, and use a good conditioner leave it on for hours if you are not going anywhere, my hair has always been thick and shiny and I have used it for years, hope this helps. Best wishes Helen - Reply to this post - View
oroduck replied to discussion "Radioimmunotherapy: Zevalin & Bexxar" in group Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma  at 11:33 pm, April 5th, 2013
Dear nutlady, I've had similar experiences since being treated with Bexxar and CHOP. See post by oroduck I would not do it again. Saying it has been a struggle is an understatement. Thanks for sharing! - Reply to this post - View
oroduck replied to discussion "Radioimmunotherapy: Zevalin & Bexxar" in group Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma  at 11:16 pm, April 5th, 2013
Yes! Diagnosed with late stage b cell follicular lymphoma in 2006 treated with chop chemo followed by Tx. with Bexxar. Have been in remission since treatment however I have experienced debilitating chronic pain and fatigue since. I was in a clinical trial at the time and the Rituxin group seems to be doing well. I have a post that asks if others treated with Bexxar have had a similar experience to mine. I hope you do well Shirley! I am 60 and feel like I have let my family down. I tried to return to work following tx. but lasted about a month before I was unable to make it through the day. I am still in remission but am depressed and at times feel [...] - Reply to this post - View
sarahtorri replied to discussion "More chemo after pancreatitis??? Hi All, My mother has Stage 4 Small [...]" in group Chemotherapy  at 9:42 pm, April 5th, 2013
Great news! Today, we found out that my mom's CEA is 3.3, which is within normal limits! With the surgeon's limited schedule, she will have to have her next CT scan on April 12th and meeting with the surgeon on the 17th, so even if she did chemo next week, it wouldn't allow time for the full benefit to be achieved before the scan. With that in mind and the risk of recurrence of pancreatitis, my mom and her oncologist both agreed not to go through with the third round of chemo. If the surgeon determines that she needs more chemo, that will be a different bridge to cross. Thanks, megm, for your caring and thoughtful response! - Reply to this post - View
sarahtorri replied to update "(no subject)"   at 9:36 pm, April 5th, 2013
I bought a pair for $12.99 at Walgreens today. They come in black and light grey. - Reply to this post - View
Jody replied to discussion "Stage IV with Bone Mets" in group Breast Cancer  at 9:23 pm, April 5th, 2013
Hi Patty. Sorry to hear that!! what does the Dr. want to do. Stay strong!!! - Reply to this post - View
Linda posted:  at 8:28 pm, April 5th, 2013
I am a 20+-year survivor of two State III H&N squamous cell carcinoma. 4 1/2 years ago I was diagnosed with indolent Stage IV Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma (SLL/CLL) and have no real idea what to expect. Any advice or shared experience would be appreciated. - Reply to this post - View
Gamga posted:  at 7:09 pm, April 5th, 2013
Like the link - Reply to this post - View
ellen schwalb replied to update "(no subject)"   at 6:54 pm, April 5th, 2013
Where can i get these sea bands? I suffer from nauea with the chemo and would love to know where to get the sea bands. Thank you for your email. Be well, Elen - Reply to this post - View
Annemarie replied to update "Question re post-radiation effects: I had a lumpectomy at 12 0'clock and [...]"   at 6:54 pm, April 5th, 2013
Hi Helen, thanks for your response. I've been on the other aromatase inhibitor, exemestane/Aromasin for 10 1/2 months now and experience knee pain, fatigue and ostopenia according to my dexascan. Also hair loss. Do you or does anyone know how to counter hair loss? Biotin and Rogaine are not working. - Reply to this post - View
Quilting Dee posted:  at 6:49 pm, April 5th, 2013
Have completed 6 sessions of R-Chop for nasopharyngeal lymphoma. Port has been removed. Next month I have a PET scan to check results. It was Stage 1,Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. After the first session I was able to breathe through my nose again. The Dr is hopeful that I will have a cure, as do I. I know that this is a rare tumor, more prevalent in Asian men. I do not fall in this category. Is there anyone else out there that has experienced this type of tumor? I am interested in long term as well as short term results. Did anyone also undergo radiation? - Reply to this post - View
Annemarie replied to update "Question re post-radiation effects: I had a lumpectomy at 12 0'clock and [...]"   at 6:46 pm, April 5th, 2013
Sorry to hear about the nipple retraction. They told me to use moisturizer on the scars and radiated area which I did for about three months to help keep it soft. Regardless, the sentinal node scar on the edge of the armpit has retracted and is quite deep, dark and bizarre looking, but the breast scar is negligible. - Reply to this post - View
Annemarie replied to update "Question re post-radiation effects: I had a lumpectomy at 12 0'clock and [...]"   at 6:34 pm, April 5th, 2013
Thanks for these replies, they've been helpful. My situation seems similar to yours Julie, so I had better keep up the stretching and gymn exercises while I can, lest setbacks occur. They never told me side effects could occur so much later. - Reply to this post - View
Joe L replied to update "WM"   at 6:28 pm, April 5th, 2013
Yes 3 years,no chemo yet. I have chronic anemia(Procrit twice a month) - Reply to this post - View
lrf2010 replied to discussion "CLL 6 months after stem cell transplant" in group Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma  at 3:58 pm, April 5th, 2013
Hi @Kari Griesmann Artmann, We are sorry to hear of your difficult situation. We wish to help in any way we can. Please feel free to utilize any of our materials or services that may assist you during this time. You can also call our toll-free helpline at 1-800-500-9976 or email us at helpline@lymphoma.orgfor more information. Here are some links that may be useful for you: LRF website: www.lymphoma.orgCLL/SLL Website: http://www.focusoncll.org/ CLL/SLL Information Group: http://www.focusoncll.org/content/cll-information-group CLL/SLL Booklet: http://www.lymphoma.org/atf/cf/%7Baaf3b4e5-2c43-404c-afe5-fd903c87b254%7D/CLL_BOOK12.10.PDF Webcasts: http://www.lymphoma.org/site/pp.asp?c=bkLTKaOQLmK8E&bc00123 Clinical Trials Information Service: http://www.lymphoma.org/site/pp.asp?c=bkLTKaOQLmK8E&bc00119 We hope that some of these links will prove helpful for you at this time. Sincerely, Lymphoma Research Foundation Patient Services - Reply to this post - View
irishmist1000 replied to discussion "Port for chemo/ herceptin - recovery of insertion? exercise restrictions?" in group Breast Cancer  at 3:22 pm, April 5th, 2013
Yes, had my first 2 lumpectomy surgeries within a month of each other, then radiation, then chemotherapy . I didn't have my mastecomy until 3 years later as my cancer recurred in the right breast with 3 lymph nodes involved. Then another round of chemotherapy. My surgeon said that with recurring cancer the only possible hope for a cure was a mastectomy - seems like I had no other choice because I talked to at least 4 of my doctors - all with the same results - probably would recur in the left breast within the next 5 years, therefore the decision for a double mastecomy - didn't want to go thru another possible surgery. I wanted to live my life, what I have left, [...] - Reply to this post - View
cmom29 replied to discussion "I've had three skin infections in the last [...]" in group Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma  at 3:01 pm, April 5th, 2013
Thanks, I'd like to know how common this is. I also have a port, which I'll have to make a decision about removing if my oncologist decides to permanently stop the maintenance Rituxan. - Reply to this post - View
cmom29 replied to discussion "I've had three skin infections in the last [...]" in group Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma  at 2:58 pm, April 5th, 2013
Thanks for sharing..The dermatologist is culturing the latest skin infection that was on my abdomen; the other two included one on my finger and one in my eye. Hope your condition improves for you. - Reply to this post - View
Faith replied to discussion "Welcome all new members!" in group Roswell Park  at 2:06 pm, April 5th, 2013
@dawilson Welome to the Roswell Park online community! You can post to only the Roswell Community (on this page) or to all members of CancerConnect in one of the national cancer type or support pages. You can also send private messages to an individual - just go to their profile page by clicking on their picture. I am the moderator for the Roswell group, and if I can help you find your way around the community (or Roswell), just let me know. - Reply to this post - View

No comments:

Post a Comment